Happy New Year’s Eve! And Happy New Year!
I hope you have an even better 2016! I hope you are happy no matter what! Just have a good attitude. How you react to a situation and your attitude going into it will make a difference in the events that happen to you in the new year.
Do more of what makes you happy and less of what doesn’t. Try something new, especially if you need a change. Or, when what you are doing is not working for you.
Write down your resolutions, your aspirations, dreams, goals, priorities, and affirmations. Write it down on your fridge, in your journal. Keep it posted up next to your front door, and on the bathroom mirror.
For me, it’s about bringing very little with me into 2016. I’m leaving it all behind me. I’m not taking very much with me. No relationship, no man. Nothing negative, no more hurt. Just a few weeks ago, when on the phone with an old close friend, I got the kick in my rear that I needed. Picked myself up off my bottom, and all of a sudden I wasn’t going to be sad about my situation anymore. I was still hurt, and guarded, but not sad.
Anyway, I came across this and I think it’s appropriate thoughts to bring with us into the new year. Enjoy!
- Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
- People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
- Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
- Take a 10-30 minute walk every day & while you walk, SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
- When you wake up in the morning, pray to ask God’s guidance for your purpose, today.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
- Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
- Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts and things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is about.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
- Help the needy, Be generous! Be a ‘Giver’ not a ‘Taker.’
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals everything.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Envy is a waste of time.
- Each night before you go to bed, pray to God and be thankful for what you accomplished, today. What if you woke up this morning and only had what you thanked God for yesterday? DON’T FORGET TO THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING.
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
I found the above on the internet. Some of it has been condensed and shortened by myself. I also chose my favorites The actual list is composed of 43 things listed and posted by a Matt Wenzel.